Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: 60's Chambers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member vintagegirltx's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2006
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there! Isn't there anybody out there who likes the 1960's version? I think they are funky and fun! Just wondrin' what all the 60's-hatin' is all about. I mean, you can't go wrong with the 30s - 50s classics, but I've never even seen the 60s version until yesterday and it made me smile. :-)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RobbiQuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2005
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good question!!

    I think it's one of those emotional decisions made in the gut. I love the B's, but don't especially care for the C's (I know, that's gonna sound like blasphemy to some!!) In fact, I like the D's (that's the 1960's models) about as much as I like the C's (if you think I'm wrong about the emotionalism wrapped up in our stoves, just watch what happens now that I said that!!) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 11, 2006 08:05 PM: Message edited by: RobbiQuest ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member loxie12's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2006
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    C's rule! End of discussion.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member phoebe9435's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have only seen C's (in person) but I always love them. I'd like to do the hi-back C next.

    Chambers sold in the mid fifties and the quality took a dive sometime after (according to my mother, anyway).

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pmisaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2005
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is like rock, paper scissors. Having said that, you can assert that C's rule, but B's definitely assimilate.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member maryopal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the design of the Model D's is just a little odd. They look like the designer stuck some old and new features together haphazardly. That's just my opinion. However, the truth is obvious - Model B's ROCK [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    tux_sf
    Guest tux_sf's Avatar

    Post

    Well. . .the D's look better than a lot of other 60's appliances, but the C's look better to me. I think it is the rounded edges of the C models as opposed to the sharp edges on the D's.

    I also like the look of the Martha Washington models. How can you not like something with a feature called a 'thermodome!' Of course, the early 30's models that are pre-A (I think they may have just had boring numbers for the model names) look quite nice as well--very 30's. They have t-well's & griddles in the top & I suspect may have been the first incarnations of those features.

    That said, I'm with Robbiquest--the B model design is just beautiful & I can't imagine how they could have made it any better. I love mine.

    --Danny

  8. #8
    Inactive Member joeil75's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2006
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well i got to tell you guys that i think my A is great. keep in mind i have not yet used it.. but the look to it is just great. once i cook on it i may change my mind but i do love the look. it should be up and running by oct. so ill let you guys know.
    also i dont recall who said it but i wanted to thank the person(s) who posted where to find the model number. i never would have looked there.
    thanks. lets keep this board alive.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member lowracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2006
    Posts
    235
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The C is hands down the best... Those who say A's and B's are better have what the psychologists call "C-envy."

    Those who love those groovy psychedelic 60's D models... What can I say? Despite all announced warnings, they must have taken the "brown acid," man. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 12, 2006 09:01 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

  10. #10
    tux_sf
    Guest tux_sf's Avatar
    Ever notice how the 'C' guys just announce that the 'C' is the best, but never tell you why?

    'B' people, on the other hand, tend to talk about how the wonderful design of their favorite appeals to them!

    Rock, paper, scissors, INDEED!!!

    --Danny

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •